All in-person courses are taking place! Hurray! But due to the many COVID variants, we are still evaluating safety weekly. If we feel we cannot keep everyone safe or cannot host an in-person course due to COVID, we will let those who have registered know and move their course to an online format. But as of right now, in-person is a go!
- Designed to meet the needs of expectant parents in an interactive and fun group environment.
- Classes max out at 13 couples so every couple has the chance to ask questions, address their concerns, and connect with other expectant parents.
- The goal is to provide you and your partner the ability to make informed birth choices, build confidence and help ease the transition into parenthood.
- The class is taught using a variety of instructional methods such as visual aids, diagrams, and plenty of hands-on practice!
- The Baby Prep™ Weekend Course and Evening Series provides the same information, it's just presenting in two different time frames (two days vs. 4 weeks).
- You will receive a printed copy of our Baby Prep™ prenatal book for reference during and after the course.
- An optional class reunion is organized after the birth of all the babies.
- Course handouts as well as tea and coffee, are provided.
- Once registration and payment are received; an assessment form will be emailed to you for you to fill out and bring to your first class.
What topics are taught in this class?
Please see our Prenatal Class Topics page to review the class curriculum.
Who are our instructors?
All Baby Prep™ instructors are experienced Registered Nurses (BCCNM) and are currently working in the Vancouver, BC and surrounding areas. All instructors follow the BC and Canadian healthcare guidelines.
How long are the courses?
We have two types of group prenatal classes:
Weekend Course - Takes place over two days (Saturday and Sunday) from 9:30am to 4:30pm
Evening Series - Takes place over 4 weekday evenings, from 6:30pm to 9:30pm
Both types teach the exact same curriculum, they are just over a different time period. We do not offer shorter prenatal classes as there is just so much to learn!
When should you take an in-person Prenatal Class?
For Weekend Courses:
We recommend taking the weekend course between 30-36 weeks.
For Evening Series:
We recommend that you start the evening series between 28-32 weeks.
When should I register?
We recommend registering for your class after your 20-week ultrasound, just to make sure everything is ok.
How do I register?
$425 for up to two people
Where are courses held?
2305 W 7th Ave, Vancouver, BC V6K 1Y4
88 SW Marine Dr, Vancouver, BC V5X 2R1
Please email us to make your request.